Privacy and Cookie Statement MVRDV B.V.
We value your interest and trust in MVRDV and we will not use and/or share your personal data for any commercial reasons whatsoever. The personal information you have provided to MVRDV via the Press room, browsing on our website, via e-mail or by requesting a fee proposal will be handled according to the Law, more specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation and only within the framework of its provisions.
name, e-mail address, telephone number and company name.
MVRDV will only collect and store your personal data as long as it is necessary but no longer than that. If you would like to know for any specific personal data file how long we will store it, please get in contact with our office via email@example.com.
Please find below an overview of the personal data we collect and store:
- First and last name;
- Company name;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address;
- (Anonymous) browsing history on our website
- Resume and application letter, only in case when you apply for a job via our website;
How do we collect your personal data?
- When you get in contact with us via e-mail, telephone or post;
- When you request a fee proposal;
- When you apply for a job;
- When you download pictures or project information via our Press room;
- When you interact with us via social media;
- When you browse our website;
- When you subscribe to our Newsletter.
What is the reason that we collect your personal data?
GDPR will only allow collection of personal data when it has a lawful purpose. At MVRDV we understand that you want to know as well why we need your personal data.
In general will we only process your personal data with your consent for one or more specific purposes. Processing your personal data will be necessary for the performance of the contract.
The reason we process and store your personal data is the following:
- When you send us an e-mail, we will collect your e-mail address and name to be able to get in contact with you and discuss your further wishes for a project or to answer your question. By e-mailing us, you consent with processing your e-mail address;
- When you would like to receive a fee proposal we will need your contact details and address and information on the Project so we can make the correct offer for you;
- When you apply for a job we need to know who we are talking to and whether and how we can contact you for an interview and potentially adding you to the MVRDV family;
- When you download a Press kit we would like to know who does that and why you downloaded it;
- When you interact with us via social media we would like to be able to contact you so we can thank you for posting something wonderful about MVRDV;
- When you browse our website we would like to know from which country you are and how we can improve our website;
- When you subscribe to our Newsletter we need your e-mail address otherwise you cannot receive our Newsletter via e-mail.
Social Media buttons
In order to stay in close contact with our clients, followers and fellow architectural enthusiasts we share relevant blogs and ideas via several Social Media (buttons) platforms.
The Social Media platforms we use are:
Please contact these Social Media platform and read their Terms and Condition to see what they are doing with your personal data.
In order stay in touch and present you with our newest projects, competitions, job openings and general architectural news we will send Newsletters to our Newsletter subscribers. You can subscribe on the MVRDV website and every new subscriber has to submit his or her e-mail address for MVRDV to be able to send out the Newsletter. MVRDW will not spam you and we will send out the Newsletter maximum twice a month.
We will not share your email address and/or name with any other party than the External Newsletter service we use. Every Newsletter has an opt-out solution, which means you can always unsubscribe. The moment you unsubscribe from the Newsletter, MVRDV will immediately delete your name and e-mail address.
Press kit download
In the Press Room on the MVRDV website, you can download a press kit with high-resolution pictures and information regarding our projects. When you would like to download a press kit we ask you for your name, company name, e-mail address and the reason why you would like to download it.
We are honored that you choose MVRDV for inspiration or for your study but since MVRDV owns the copyrights of the designs, and sometimes also the pictures, we would like to know what you will be doing with the press kit. You can fill in the reason during the online downloading process.
The downloading process is an automated process, which means there will be no interaction with anyone from MVRDV in person. In case you download anything, please also read and confirm that you agree with the Press Room Terms and conditions. In the T&C we have listed the conditions for downloading the free pictures but we have also set some rules on the copyrights of the photographers for the pictures and of MVRDV for the architectonical design.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
MVRDV will not sell or give away your personal data to any other third party than listed below, unless we are forced by Law or any other official Authority.
We have signed affiliate agreements with all our third parties and made sure they strive to the same level of security and data protection as MVRDV does. Nonetheless, MVRDV will remain responsible for processing your personal information.
Third parties are:
- Developer of the MVRDV website;
- Webhosting agency;
- Google Analytics;
- (External) Newsletter service;
- (External) Sales data system;
- (External) Recruitment data system (in case you apply for a job at MVRDV).
Reading, adjusting and/or deleting your personal data
At any point you can ask MVRDV for an extract of the personal data we have collected from you. You also have the right to request MVRDV to adjust or delete the data we have collected from you. Even if you have given your consent in the past, you still have to right to withdraw your consent at any given time. Please send your request for reading, adjusting or deleting your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protecting your personal data
MVRDV takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and will always take precautions to eliminate the chances of misuse and loss of your personal data. We will also prevent as much as we can, but within our power, any unauthorized access, unauthorized publication or unauthorized amendments to your data.
Cookies are small files which are saved on your computer, mobile or tablet whenever you browse a website. Cookies (specifically functional cookies) work to make a website more accessible and more user friendly. MVRDV will only use technical and functional cookies to improve our website. The cookies will give us insight in the pages which are being viewed and which pages are not, so we can improve the quality of the website.
You can decline cookies by adjusting the browser settings on your computer.
MVRDV would like to inform you that if you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data, you can let us know via e-mail to email@example.com and we will do our best to help you and resolve your complaint in a friendly way.
If your complaint is not being resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to file an official complaint at the Dutch authority which is called “Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens” via
Updates to this Privacy statement
This Privacy and cookie statement may be updated on a regular basis to comply with applicable laws and/or adjustments in our services. Please keep an eye on this document to make sure you always have the latest version.